You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was not aware I was getting Apple TV so could I cancel the existing subscription and get a refund pleading

I have received a email saying I have to pay £4.99 for Apple TV. I was not aware I was getting it as I had not requested it. I would like a refund and to cancel the subscription

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:32 AM

Verify that the message is authentic.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Verify that you have this subscription on your account.

Cancel any of the unwanted listed subscriptions on your account.

Refunds can only happen for payments that have been made. Announcements for things that haven’t happened yet, do not qualify (yet) for a refund.

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

I had not requested it.

Users have subscriptions only for services that they initiated. A (free) trial subscription however, would continue as a paid subscription after the trial period, unless canceled before that transition moment, as stated in the terms and conditions that the user had agreed to.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2021 1:32 AM in response to cat0511

Verify that the message is authentic.

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Verify that you have this subscription on your account.

Cancel any of the unwanted listed subscriptions on your account.

Refunds can only happen for payments that have been made. Announcements for things that haven’t happened yet, do not qualify (yet) for a refund.

If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more - Apple Support

Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

I had not requested it.

Users have subscriptions only for services that they initiated. A (free) trial subscription however, would continue as a paid subscription after the trial period, unless canceled before that transition moment, as stated in the terms and conditions that the user had agreed to.

Oct 22, 2021 12:53 PM in response to cat0511

Does this mean I have cancelled this subscription

We only know what you share with us. Did you cancel a subscription? Did you go to the subscription listing on your device, and click “Cancel Subscription”?

and will I receive my payments I made for September and October

If you want refunds to be made, then you have to make that request, as described: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support

If Apple approves of it, then refunds will be done through the same payment method as the initial payments were done.

I was not aware I was getting Apple TV so could I cancel the existing subscription and get a refund pleading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.