You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to copy/drag a song from itunes to another file

cant do the drag/copy anymore and not sure why...it appears that my computer is updated on things like itunes to mp4. However...some of the programs, etc i want to copy the song too only accepts downloads of mp3 songs.

I tried the convert thingy but that didnt work either.

Any comments/help?

Thank you

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 1:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:15 AM

Suzanne,

If the song is already in MP3 format, you should be able to drag it from the iTunes interface into another folder. If that doesn't work, right-click it, choose "Show in Windows Explorer" and copy it from there.

If the song is not already in MP3 format, make an MP3 by this procedure: Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK) Note that this only works on local, unprotected files.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 7:15 AM in response to suzanne61

Suzanne,

If the song is already in MP3 format, you should be able to drag it from the iTunes interface into another folder. If that doesn't work, right-click it, choose "Show in Windows Explorer" and copy it from there.

If the song is not already in MP3 format, make an MP3 by this procedure: Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support (UK) Note that this only works on local, unprotected files.

trying to copy/drag a song from itunes to another file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.