You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant I use spotify with iphone 13 pro offline unless the music is downloaded.

Why cant I use spotify with iphone 13 pro offline unless the music is downloaded.

The mobile data on the app is green, so I have given permission….. Never had an issue on the X

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 9:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2021 9:52 PM

You asked, "Why cant I use spotify with iphone 13 pro offline unless the music is downloaded."

Answer: This is because when your iPhone is Offline (No Wi-Fi and No Cellular) then the music has to be played from what has been already downloaded on the iPhone since the iPhone will not be able to stream over Wi-Fi or Cellular (Offline).

Now, if you actually meant to ask why Spotify can only stream over Wi-Fi and not over Cellular data, then I would recommend that you see whether Spotify app needs an update by checking in the App Store. If you are not using iOS 15.0.2, I recommend that you update your iPhone as well.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2021 9:52 PM in response to munuela

You asked, "Why cant I use spotify with iphone 13 pro offline unless the music is downloaded."

Answer: This is because when your iPhone is Offline (No Wi-Fi and No Cellular) then the music has to be played from what has been already downloaded on the iPhone since the iPhone will not be able to stream over Wi-Fi or Cellular (Offline).

Now, if you actually meant to ask why Spotify can only stream over Wi-Fi and not over Cellular data, then I would recommend that you see whether Spotify app needs an update by checking in the App Store. If you are not using iOS 15.0.2, I recommend that you update your iPhone as well.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.