You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does in app purchase mean I'll have to pay after I install the app

Do I have to pay after I install a app if it say in app purchase

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:07 AM

You’ll have to pay for some items in the app if you wish to use said items. General usage of the app will be free.

For example, some apps and games have things like gold coins or gems you can buy to aid in the in game process.

Other apps have access to more features of the App if you pay for them, but the base app can be used without paying.

It will not automatically charge you for in app purchases however.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 10:07 AM in response to RRob300

You’ll have to pay for some items in the app if you wish to use said items. General usage of the app will be free.

For example, some apps and games have things like gold coins or gems you can buy to aid in the in game process.

Other apps have access to more features of the App if you pay for them, but the base app can be used without paying.

It will not automatically charge you for in app purchases however.

Does in app purchase mean I'll have to pay after I install the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.