You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IP Address

how do I find the IP address for my iPhone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 12:10 PM

An IP (Internet Protocol) Address is not a fixed address assigned to the device. An IP address is dynamic and automatically addressed by your Internet Service Provider to the main Router and then the Router assigns an IP address to your device. Each device on a Wi-Fi network has its own IP address assigned by the Wi-Fi Router. Unless you have a fixed IP address set up on your your device, the IP address will change routinely. Most people allow the IP address to be setup automatically which is the default setting on an iPhone.

To find the IP address of your iPhone, over a Wi-Fi Network:

Open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi ➔ Tap on the (i) to the right of your connected Wi-Fi Network ➔ IP Address: Here, you will see the IP address of your iPhone.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2021 12:10 PM in response to 2325Abn

An IP (Internet Protocol) Address is not a fixed address assigned to the device. An IP address is dynamic and automatically addressed by your Internet Service Provider to the main Router and then the Router assigns an IP address to your device. Each device on a Wi-Fi network has its own IP address assigned by the Wi-Fi Router. Unless you have a fixed IP address set up on your your device, the IP address will change routinely. Most people allow the IP address to be setup automatically which is the default setting on an iPhone.

To find the IP address of your iPhone, over a Wi-Fi Network:

Open Settings ➔ Wi-Fi ➔ Tap on the (i) to the right of your connected Wi-Fi Network ➔ IP Address: Here, you will see the IP address of your iPhone.

Axel F.

IP Address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.