You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing an album to Music app

Hi, I have an mp3 music album that I want to be able to play through Apple Music. It's an advance release of an album that is not yet available in Apple Music for streaming or download. When I place the songs in the "Automatically Add to Music" folder, they seem to get added, but not as an album, even when I put them in a folder with the album title. So I have no way of actually playing the album as they are now just random songs not associated with an album or artist. There's gotta be a way to do this, right? Any help would be appreciated!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 9:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:09 AM

Try to edit the files' metadata. Set a common album for all files. You can edit directly in Music app (select the songs and press ⌘-I) or before importing the files in Music app with an external metadata editor for audio files.

1 reply

Importing an album to Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.