You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic receives MIDI but notes don't trigger instruments

Hello folks. I am pretty new here in this communities environment.

My situation is pretty interesting and driving me absolute bananas.

I'm using an M-Audio Oxygen 88 external MIDI (from now on I will refer to it as extMidi).

Fact: Logic receives MIDI signals from the extMidi as I can monitor them on Logic lcd screen as I play chords and notes.

Problem: I select, say a grand piano software instrument, but the notes I play on the extMidi will not produce any sound.

Fact: I am in the middle of a project and all was going fine meaning that I had previously recorded piano sections using the extMidi. All of a sudden (I must have accidentally changed some setting) and now this

Fact: Even though software instruments will not produce any sound (I tried a bunch of different ones), when I record, I can see the notes on the piano roll. But when I attempt to playback the recorded MIDI section, again, no sound.

Fact: When I create a new empty project and do the same (create a software instrument and play notes on the extMidi) everything works fine: notes will produce sounds, etc.

BIG Fact: This is really frustrating please help.

Cheers,

Y.

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 11:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 5:13 AM

Ok, funny as it may sound, I just discovered that the notes WILL playback as I play on the keyboard if the red R button is active. Other than that nada. I am used to Logic and GarageBand playing back notes when a channel is selected, not selected and record enabled.

I must have changed some setting somewhere but where?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 25, 2021 5:13 AM in response to Iaamusic

Ok, funny as it may sound, I just discovered that the notes WILL playback as I play on the keyboard if the red R button is active. Other than that nada. I am used to Logic and GarageBand playing back notes when a channel is selected, not selected and record enabled.

I must have changed some setting somewhere but where?

Logic receives MIDI but notes don't trigger instruments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.