You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family member has to pay one more time for an app

Dear Sirs,

Yesterday I had to pay for Genius Scan+ again when I wanted to add it to my son's iPad.

He is a member of our family sharing and I have previously bought the app for my iPhone.

Why couldn't he use the one I paid for?

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:44 AM

For family members to share your purchases, you have to enable Family Sharing for app purchases. To do this, open Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing > Purchase Sharing > Share My Purchases.

Your son can then download it free of charge in the App Store. In the App Store, he would have to tap on his profile picture and then Purchased > Your name, then navigate to the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 12:44 AM in response to hanler

For family members to share your purchases, you have to enable Family Sharing for app purchases. To do this, open Settings > [Your Name] > Family Sharing > Purchase Sharing > Share My Purchases.

Your son can then download it free of charge in the App Store. In the App Store, he would have to tap on his profile picture and then Purchased > Your name, then navigate to the app.

Family member has to pay one more time for an app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.