You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I replace my mid-2015 27" iMac now or should I wait?

Is the current 27 inch iMac a good replacement for my mid-2015 27 in iMac or should I wait for the new machines in Q1 or Q2 2022?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 10:33 AM

There is no clear answer to your question. It's up to you. Keep in mind that all computers eventually fail. Due to the age of yours, it may continue to work for years, or it could start filing tomorrow. So, the main thing is to have a good backup. That way, if it does fail before you get a new computer, you are covered and can then buy a new one.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 10:33 AM in response to mcoombs

There is no clear answer to your question. It's up to you. Keep in mind that all computers eventually fail. Due to the age of yours, it may continue to work for years, or it could start filing tomorrow. So, the main thing is to have a good backup. That way, if it does fail before you get a new computer, you are covered and can then buy a new one.

Oct 27, 2021 12:09 PM in response to mcoombs

do some research before you jump on it there is not much you can upgrade or even do in a apple silicon mac , they are stuck the way you config them so adding extra ram like the older ones is out, so make sure if you jump get what you need at order or you are SOL. i myself would go to a costco and buy the 27 in intel based one they still have and offer the apple care on if i was going to upgrade. but i myself see no need my late 2015 imac still does what i want it to do. and i bought it referb so i have a warranty from upsie on it.

Should I replace my mid-2015 27" iMac now or should I wait?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.