You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ Shows Keep disappearing

I'm confused. I have taken out an AppleTV+ subscription. 1. I keep being presented with a small subset of different shows each time I login 2. I can't find the search function. and 3. Although I'm adding to 'Up Next' there's no Up Next function on the home screen. So Q.1 Where's the 'Up Next' listing and selection function, Q2. Where's the search function and Q3. why the inconsistent home page display?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 2:24 AM

1. Up Next is a feature for the real app on streaming devices. While not available for use on the web, users can add to their queue list while being on the site. The real Apple TV app offers more than just Apple TV+, so additional organizing is warranted. I agree that it might be confusing, as that is nowhere explained.
  2. There is no text search function at this time. All the shown content is all that is available there (currently 81 movies and series). The site doesn’t have other movies or shows. The real Apple TV app offers much more than just Apple TV+, at additional subscriptions or purchases, so additional search functionality is warranted there.
  3. Please notice how each row is scrollable horizontally, to show more than the current width allows for. Pease notice how the top banner rotates between 7 promoted shows. “Latest releases” is supposed to change with time. “Coming Soon” is supposed to change with time. The order of the shows within each row might be changed on purpose, to keep the look fresh, and allow users to discover shows that they might have skipped over previously. Marketing 101.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 28, 2021 2:24 AM in response to msej449

1. Up Next is a feature for the real app on streaming devices. While not available for use on the web, users can add to their queue list while being on the site. The real Apple TV app offers more than just Apple TV+, so additional organizing is warranted. I agree that it might be confusing, as that is nowhere explained.
  2. There is no text search function at this time. All the shown content is all that is available there (currently 81 movies and series). The site doesn’t have other movies or shows. The real Apple TV app offers much more than just Apple TV+, at additional subscriptions or purchases, so additional search functionality is warranted there.
  3. Please notice how each row is scrollable horizontally, to show more than the current width allows for. Pease notice how the top banner rotates between 7 promoted shows. “Latest releases” is supposed to change with time. “Coming Soon” is supposed to change with time. The order of the shows within each row might be changed on purpose, to keep the look fresh, and allow users to discover shows that they might have skipped over previously. Marketing 101.

Apple TV+ Shows Keep disappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.