You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does switching back and fourth between Apple ID's erase all your content every time?

Hello All,

Does switching back and fourth between Apple ID's erase all your content every time (photos, locked notes, calendar events, etc.)? I am currently living abroad for a year in South Korea and I need to get a few apps on the Korean App store. I made a new apple ID for my time aboard but when I try to sign out of my current Apple ID two notifications pops up:

-"Turn off Find My iPhone"

-"Are you sure? It may take a minute to remove your iCloud data"

Even if I backed up my phone on iCloud, I don't want anything to happen to my family's subscription plans or payments. I'll probably use the Korean app store when needed but I'll use my main Apple ID login for majority of the time.

I have an iPhone 12 with the iOS 15.1 update.

Thanks, all!

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 9:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 10:21 PM

Before you update your location, you must spend your store credit, cancel your subscriptions, and get a payment method for your new country or region.

What to do before you change your country or region

If your family is in another country/region then Family sharing may not be allowed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 27, 2021 10:21 PM in response to ziveclub

Before you update your location, you must spend your store credit, cancel your subscriptions, and get a payment method for your new country or region.

What to do before you change your country or region

If your family is in another country/region then Family sharing may not be allowed.

Does switching back and fourth between Apple ID's erase all your content every time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.