You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone ringer won't stop ringing

1.Sometimes my ringer don't stop ringing even if I push on the key button.

2.Automatically the speaker is off and I the voice is inaudible.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 6:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 8:42 AM

Hello, and thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Does pushing the side button silence the ringer? Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone

"Silence a call

Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) or either volume button.

You can still answer a silenced call until it goes to voicemail.

Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail."

For the sound issue, try these steps: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Try also restarting your iPhone. Sometimes a restart can help resolve issues: Restart your iPhone

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2021 8:42 AM in response to sdm_hossain

Hello, and thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Does pushing the side button silence the ringer? Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone

"Silence a call

Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) or either volume button.

You can still answer a silenced call until it goes to voicemail.

Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail

Do one of the following:

• Press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
  • Tap .
  • Swipe up on the call banner.

You can also swipe down on the call banner for more options.

Do any of the following:

• Tap Remind Me, then choose when you want a reminder to return the call.
  • Tap Message, then choose a default reply or tap Custom.
  • To create your own default replies, go to Settings  > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.

Note: In some countries or regions, declined calls are disconnected without being sent to voicemail."

For the sound issue, try these steps: If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

Try also restarting your iPhone. Sometimes a restart can help resolve issues: Restart your iPhone

Best regards.

My iPhone ringer won't stop ringing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.