You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing safari searches among family members

We are using 12 iPhone. My safari searches are showing up on his phone. How do I stop this without changing his safari settings to the cloud. I would like to find Christmas presents without him getting a clue. If I set my search to private I won’t be able to use the a auto fill features for logging into accounts and providing credit card info.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 5:13 AM

1 reply

Oct 30, 2021 9:44 AM in response to kimlewis4025

Hello there Kim,

I see you're noticing that your Safari search history is appearing on a family members device, so let's look into this so it's private.

For starters, are the two of you sharing the same Apple ID and iCloud login? If so, this would be why that information is syncing to their device. If you're wanting to disable this, you can disable Safari within the iCloud settings if you want to continue to use the same Apple ID for the devices. For help with this, use the following resource:

Set up and use iCloud Tabs

If you're wanting the other person to have their own Apple ID, you can still share purchases using Family Sharing but that would prevent personal information between the two of you from syncing to each others device. If this is for a child, you can also set up an Apple ID for them which can be used with Family Sharing to allow your information to remain private. If you'd like more information on Family Sharing, or setting up an Apple ID for a child, take a look at these resources:

Set up Family Sharing

Create an Apple ID for your child

I hope this is able to help.

Have a great day!

Sharing safari searches among family members

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.