You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 on iPad Air 2

I downloaded IOS 15 no issues. But I cannot access quick note by swiping on lower right corner. My wife also has an Air 2 and it works fine. Noticed under setting, notes, there are other settings I don’t have. My question is why and how can I reload 15?

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:55 PM

The 2014 iPad Air 2 and 2015 iPad MIni 4 DO NOT SUPPORT the Quick Notes feature.

The Quick Notes feature needs an Apple A9 CPU, or greater.

An iPad Air 2 has a lesser Apple A8X CPU and the iPad Mini 4 has an even lesser Apple A8 ( NO X ) CPU.

So, NO Quick Notes feature

This info is found in the iPadOS/iOS features page for the section on Quick Notes and in the iPadOS/iOS 15 gray footnotes at the bottom of the Apple Website Webpage.

Here are screenshots below from that page.

Sorry.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2021 4:55 PM in response to Tkw1976

The 2014 iPad Air 2 and 2015 iPad MIni 4 DO NOT SUPPORT the Quick Notes feature.

The Quick Notes feature needs an Apple A9 CPU, or greater.

An iPad Air 2 has a lesser Apple A8X CPU and the iPad Mini 4 has an even lesser Apple A8 ( NO X ) CPU.

So, NO Quick Notes feature

This info is found in the iPadOS/iOS features page for the section on Quick Notes and in the iPadOS/iOS 15 gray footnotes at the bottom of the Apple Website Webpage.

Here are screenshots below from that page.

Sorry.

Oct 29, 2021 2:03 PM in response to Tkw1976

What I would suggest is, attach your iPad to your computer, to a full local backup and then, having disabled Find my iPad on the iPad, use the Restore to factory default via your computer (not via the iPad). Once that is done, your computer will have downloaded and installed the latest iPad OS versus available and compatible to your iPad Air 2.

Now, setup your newly refreshed iPad as if it were a new one for you, using your Apple ID and see if you can use the new Quick Notes. If you can, it was likely a stuck setting or issue from your old setup. No need to worry, you can still overlay your backup from above overtop the newly installed OS and be back to a fully as was setup iPad (with the fixes though now in play) of yours, likely within an hour.

I hope this helps.

iOS 15 on iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.