You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mac has been without sound for quite some time since I connected my airpods. My Mac is a 2012 Mac which uses MacOS Mojave.

my mac has been without sound for quite some time since I connected my airpods. My Mac is a 2012 Mac which uses MacOS Mojave. I have tried multiple things such as; killing all sound through the terminal, restarting the core audio on the activity monitor, using the P R command alt, and I have tried putting my Mac on safe mode. None of these worked and I still have no sound.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 12:52 PM

Only the first-gen AirPods are compatible with a mid-2012 MacBook Air 11-inch model. The 2nd gen AirPods require an early 2015 or later 11-inch Air, as do the 3rd gen AirPods. Have you installed any other audio-oriented software that may be confounding the ability to select the AirPods in your Sound preferences panel?

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2021 12:52 PM in response to marson257

Only the first-gen AirPods are compatible with a mid-2012 MacBook Air 11-inch model. The 2nd gen AirPods require an early 2015 or later 11-inch Air, as do the 3rd gen AirPods. Have you installed any other audio-oriented software that may be confounding the ability to select the AirPods in your Sound preferences panel?

my mac has been without sound for quite some time since I connected my airpods. My Mac is a 2012 Mac which uses MacOS Mojave.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.