You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to use the Apple Notes.app independently of an internet account ?

My Notes are connected to one of my internet accounts. Is this necessary? Is there a way to use the Apple Notes.app independently of an internet account without losing all of the Notes already created in Notes.app?

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 30, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 1:05 PM

If you turn on the "On My iPhone" account in Notes Settings, you would then need to move the notes from the Gmail account into the On My iPhone account before you remove the Gmail account from Notes.

Regardless, the notes will remain on Gmail unless you open their web portal and remove them there.

3 replies

Oct 31, 2021 12:17 PM in response to muguy

I am specifically thinking of my iPhone where the Notes.app is unfortunately linked to my Gmail Account. Apple Notes is loaded with detailed Notes information that I do not wish to lose. I want to save Apple Notes only onto my iPhone independently of the Gmail account. If I do as you say, open Notes > Preferences and check "enable on my iPhone account," and then turn off Notes on the Gmail Internet account in system preferences, will I lose all of the Notes.app information stockpiled so far? Thank you in advance for your help.

Is there a way to use the Apple Notes.app independently of an internet account ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.