You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 6 overheating and now completely dead

My apple watch 6 (one year and 10 days old, of course) wouldn’t wake up the other day. I thought it needed to charge, so I put it on the charger and it showed the high temp warning (it was not due to external temp-it was in the 70s). I felt the watch and it was super hot, so I removed it from the charger to let it cool down. I tried charging it again a short time later, and saw a weird lightning bolt and squiggly line but it wouldn’t charge or wake up. I tried resetting it, and it won’t reset. Went to the apple store, assuming that a watch that costs hundreds of dollars and is barely a year old would be covered, and since my warranty had expired 10 days earlier, my only option was to pay for a new watch which I will not do. Has this happened to anybody else? I’ll use a wearable from a different company before I ever pay for another Apple Watch at this point. It’s overheated when charging since I got it, and that was dismissed by the apple reps as not a big deal when it was still under warranty-there seems to be something wrong that the company is not interested in making right.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 4:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 7:33 AM

Anything can break. Any product, from any company. We honestly don't see many posts from people whose Apple Watch 6 died so early. But anything is possible.

Since you are now not venting and asking reasonable questions, I would if I were you, elevate the issue higher up in the Apple Support chain. I would do this with as much honey as I could muster, even if I was disappointed, angry or upset. You said you are just 10 days past the one year warranty, so it's possible if you're really nice, they'll be nice back to you.

That's the only advice we can offer on this user to user only forum.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 7:33 AM in response to brendaleighna

Anything can break. Any product, from any company. We honestly don't see many posts from people whose Apple Watch 6 died so early. But anything is possible.

Since you are now not venting and asking reasonable questions, I would if I were you, elevate the issue higher up in the Apple Support chain. I would do this with as much honey as I could muster, even if I was disappointed, angry or upset. You said you are just 10 days past the one year warranty, so it's possible if you're really nice, they'll be nice back to you.

That's the only advice we can offer on this user to user only forum.

Nov 1, 2021 7:27 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Oh hey lobsterghost. There actually was a question in there, in addition to rightful venting. My question, if you read my post without getting personally offended that I’m angry my watch is broken, was if this has happened to anybody else. But to your point I should have asked if it has happened to anybody else and if they were able to resolve it.

Apple Watch 6 overheating and now completely dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.