You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netgear Ethernet Switch

I use an 8-post Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch to connect my iMac running 11.6.1 to my router downstairs. Since updating to 11.6, when I turn my iMac on every morning, I do not have any connection through my ethernet cable. I have to turn the WLAN off and on again to establish this connection. I also have a laptop running Windows, but it connects immediately, so the problem doesn't seem to be with the router or Switch. Does anyone know if there is any way of getting an immediate connection? Thank you.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:39 AM

If you are using ethernet to connect to your router reset the service order so that ethernet is first. Or perhaps better still remove Wi-Fi from the list.

Click on the downward arrow in the Network presence which you have illustrated to see this option.

You might also need to reset the DHCP Lease. Use the Advanced button and go to the TCP/IP tab.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 2:39 AM in response to AnthonyMacUser

If you are using ethernet to connect to your router reset the service order so that ethernet is first. Or perhaps better still remove Wi-Fi from the list.

Click on the downward arrow in the Network presence which you have illustrated to see this option.

You might also need to reset the DHCP Lease. Use the Advanced button and go to the TCP/IP tab.

Netgear Ethernet Switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.