You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using my iPad with my new Mac Mini

I've just upgraded to a Mac Mini, and have upgraded the OS to macOS 12.01 Monterey. I also have an iPad Air 2, running iPadOS 15.2. I was hoping to be able to communicate much more closely between the two environments, using Sidecar, Universal Control and also accessing the iPad's file system from the Mac Mini, but I don't seem to be able to do these things.

Is this because the features in 12.01 are not ready yet, or because my iPad is too old (how do I find out the age)? Please, any steps to help me advance towards the bleeding edge of technology would be really appreciated!

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 8:48 AM

Universal Control is not yet available. https://9to5mac.com/2021/10/18/apple-confirms-universal-control-delay-says-its-launching-sometime-later-this-fall/

SideCar requires a newer iPad model than yours.

You can access the iPad's files through Finder: link-> Use the Finder to share files between your Mac and your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Using my iPad with my new Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.