You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change this account on my iPad from my husbands account to mine with my different email?

How do I change the I pad email from my husband’s to my different email?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 10:31 AM

Your question is unclear in what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve.

Are you attempting to add/remove/change an email account - or instead change the user of the iPad, therefore requiring sign-in with a different AppleID? These are very different problems.

Adding a new email account is straightforward:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Removing an email account is similarly easy:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Choose email account from list] > Delete Account

If the iPad is to be used by a different user, with a different AppleID, the most effective way to properly prepare the iPad for a new user is to follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Everything will be erased - and you can set-up the iPad again, as new, for the new user.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 1, 2021 10:31 AM in response to Myipadbl

Your question is unclear in what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve.

Are you attempting to add/remove/change an email account - or instead change the user of the iPad, therefore requiring sign-in with a different AppleID? These are very different problems.

Adding a new email account is straightforward:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Removing an email account is similarly easy:

Settings > Mail > Accounts > [Choose email account from list] > Delete Account

If the iPad is to be used by a different user, with a different AppleID, the most effective way to properly prepare the iPad for a new user is to follow this process:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Everything will be erased - and you can set-up the iPad again, as new, for the new user.

Nov 1, 2021 10:22 AM in response to Myipadbl

If you don't want to restore the iPad to factory settings, you'll need to sign out from the Apple ID in 4 different places and sign in with yours. Do note that any installed apps will remain tied to your husband's Apple ID and require it to update.

Settings->Account(top of settings)->Scroll all the way down to "Sign Out".

Settings->Account->Media & Purchases->Sign Out

Settings->Messages->Send & Receive->Apple ID->Sign Out

Settings->FaceTime->You can be Reached by FaceTime At->Apple ID->Sign Out.

Otherwise, the best thing to do is to restore it and set it up as new: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I change this account on my iPad from my husbands account to mine with my different email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.