You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone blocks calls randomly

My iphone just blocks calls randomly. This is what I have tried so far: I got a refurbished iphone 7 plus hoping that would take care of issue. nope didn't work. opened new icloud account, nope still same issue. limited access to contacts via other apps. nope. made sure blocked list was clear and restarted device. nope. updated phone. nope. None of that worked. After unblocking it only lasts for about a day before blocking again. The only thing in common between the old and new phone is the sim card?!?! Could this be it???? I just need a solution that will work! Anybody got a solution.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 1, 2021 2:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 3:21 PM

I loaded contacts back onto phone and tried the above suggestion blocking unknow callers. It worked for one day then back to blocking calls. I see others post this same issue on the internet but no real solution. At this point a new sim card is all I can think of?1?!? only thing not tried. Next, a new phone number I guess? All the obvious stuff is not working.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 8, 2021 3:21 PM in response to deggie

I loaded contacts back onto phone and tried the above suggestion blocking unknow callers. It worked for one day then back to blocking calls. I see others post this same issue on the internet but no real solution. At this point a new sim card is all I can think of?1?!? only thing not tried. Next, a new phone number I guess? All the obvious stuff is not working.

Iphone blocks calls randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.