You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spatial Audio not available??

So, I was excited to use spatial audio on my Macbook Pro M1 like am able to use it on my Apple TV 4K, iPad Pro 12.9 (2018), and my iPhone 11 Pro Max. However, EVERYTHING I try to use it on ALWAYS has Spatial Audio Not Available in a grayed out section under my Airpods Pro icon in the menu bar.

First, is this a bug? I noticed that I couldn't access quick note by moving my cursor down to the lower right hand portion of the screen, even though it was automatically added to that hot corner. What fixed that for me was removing it and putting it back in. Obvious little bug that Apple seemingly overlooked I guess.

So I am wondering if it is the same deal with spatial audio. I am quite bummed that I can use it on all my devices but not my Macbook Pro M1. I am watching a video on youtube of someone saying that it is possible it is not available in my part of the world, but I find that isn't the correct answer as it works on every other device I own in the same country I live in, which is Thailand.

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 6:54 AM

Listen to spatial audio in Dolby Atmos in Music on Mac

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can listen to available tracks in Dolby Atmos, which creates an immersive, three-dimensional (spatial) audio experience on stereo headphones or built-in speakers.

2 replies

Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM in response to aggressivility

Still happening. Netflix and Apple TV give me spatial audio, even though Apple reps and the Apple website say that I will not be getting spatial audio on the 2020 M1 Macbook Pro because it is not compatible, it will only be available on the 2021 Macbook Pro's. Maybe I have a bug in my system that makes spatial audio work on some streaming services or something?

Spatial Audio not available??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.