You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery replacement

I have an iPhone 6s+ that won’t turn on and needs to have the battery replaced. Their is no damage to the phone. The battery just all of a sudden stopped charging. I hadn’t backed it up for quite a while (yes, I know that was not a good thing). Will replacing the battery erase everything on the phone?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:41 AM

Before having an iPhone serviced, you need to create a full backup to avoid awful surprises.

If you didn't do that, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector, informing the technicians you do not have a recent backup. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2021 5:41 AM in response to Jmc01644

Before having an iPhone serviced, you need to create a full backup to avoid awful surprises.

If you didn't do that, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector, informing the technicians you do not have a recent backup. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.