You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my MacBook to Monterey. It shut down and will not turn back on. This seems to be an issue. Which is ridiculous considering the price of the machine and that apple is providing the update. I’m a teacher and need my computer. Please assist

Updated to Monterey. Computer shut down and will not turn back on. How do I fix this ASAP. I can not get to an Apple store I am a teacher who is freaking out

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 1:39 PM

If you live near an Apple Store or an Authorized Apple Service Provider, they can easily do the fix that the article @Dialabrain cited if you don't have a second Mac.

Also, hopefully you have backed up all your data, as not having backups is an accident waiting to happen, regardless the reason.

4 replies

Nov 2, 2021 7:27 AM in response to Micheleteacher

You won't find good news on this. Same problem here along with countless others. Worst part is the fix appears to be Apple asking us to pay hundreds of dollars for a new logic or motherboard to fix. So we pay the product, Apple breaks the product and then we need to pay Apple again to fix/use the product.

Great business model right? I'd rather buy a Dell if all I'm going to have is a disposable paperweight either way. At least those are cheaper.

I updated my MacBook to Monterey. It shut down and will not turn back on. This seems to be an issue. Which is ridiculous considering the price of the machine and that apple is providing the update. I’m a teacher and need my computer. Please assist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.