You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey is completely crashing my 2020 intel MacBook Air! Need Help - The computer is not functional.

What can I do to have a stable operating system again?

I downloaded Monterey on October 31, 2021. Ever since then, the computer takes a long time

to boot up. Applications open up by themselves and then take a long time or

don't load at all. My browsers don't load. Rebooting does not help.

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:55 AM

Restart in Safe Mode SHIFT key immediately as restart. Does a Repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts - slow it is low loading - normal.

Once logged in - check in User & Groups and choose your Account by name, On Right check for application that are set to load at Login - and remove all unneeded or unwanted Applications via minus sign ( - )

Also, when shutting down the computer there is a Windows that appear before it shuts down and see id Open windows when logging in is enable with a check mark. Remove that check mark.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2021 9:55 AM in response to VermeerRaphael

Restart in Safe Mode SHIFT key immediately as restart. Does a Repair disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts - slow it is low loading - normal.

Once logged in - check in User & Groups and choose your Account by name, On Right check for application that are set to load at Login - and remove all unneeded or unwanted Applications via minus sign ( - )

Also, when shutting down the computer there is a Windows that appear before it shuts down and see id Open windows when logging in is enable with a check mark. Remove that check mark.

Monterey is completely crashing my 2020 intel MacBook Air! Need Help - The computer is not functional.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.