You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is this so hard? I can't invite family members to my Apple Music Family subscription

How do I add family to my Apple Music?

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 8:03 PM

5 replies

Nov 3, 2021 2:10 PM in response to dwborger

Hello dwborger,

From your post it appears you are trying to add a family member to Apple Music. The article you came from, What types of content can I share with my family?, explains what content is eligible for sharing. This does include an Apple Music family subscription.

Take a look at the steps outlined here: Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

If you have any issues, if you post exactly what you are seeing, someone here may be able to help.

Have a good day.

Nov 3, 2021 3:54 PM in response to dwborger

If Family Sharing is set up, then everyone in your family group should have access to Apple Music if you have a Family Subscriptions.

To confirm the type of Apple Music subscription you have, open the Music app. Tap on Listen Now, then tap the icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Tap Manage Subscription. If Family is selected, then all members of the family group should be able to access it. Follow the steps on this page to subscribe: Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

If you are trying to add another member to the family group, then follow the steps outlined below depending on which device is being used:

Add family members to a Family Sharing group on Mac - Apple Support

Add or remove members from your Family Sharing group on iPhone - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the family organizer is the only one who can add members.

Have a good day.

Why is this so hard? I can't invite family members to my Apple Music Family subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.