You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

checkout with Apple Card monthly installments

So I’m trying to purchase a $2,500 MacBook on Apple site with the Apple Card monthly installments option but I have a $2,000 credit limit on my Apple Card. $2,500 is slightly higher than my credit limit so is there any way that I can pay the $500 right away at checkout so I can get the $2,000 loan? There is no option to make the payment.

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 9:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 10:11 PM

Hello,

Looking at some Apple Support articles it does not look like you can split payments while utilizing the Apple Card Monthly Installments benefit.

“If you're approved but your credit limit isn't enough to buy a device with Apple Card Installments

You can apply for Apple Card when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other eligible Apple product with Apple Card Installments. If your application is approved with insufficient credit to cover the cost of the device you want to buy, you can choose a different device that's covered by your credit limit. You can also choose a different payment method or use Apple's Trade-in program.”

Another possible rout would be requesting, and being approved, for a credit limit increase before making the purchase.

How to view your available Apple Card credit details or request a credit limit increase - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2021 10:11 PM in response to Giltry456

Hello,

Looking at some Apple Support articles it does not look like you can split payments while utilizing the Apple Card Monthly Installments benefit.

“If you're approved but your credit limit isn't enough to buy a device with Apple Card Installments

You can apply for Apple Card when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other eligible Apple product with Apple Card Installments. If your application is approved with insufficient credit to cover the cost of the device you want to buy, you can choose a different device that's covered by your credit limit. You can also choose a different payment method or use Apple's Trade-in program.”

Another possible rout would be requesting, and being approved, for a credit limit increase before making the purchase.

How to view your available Apple Card credit details or request a credit limit increase - Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Nov 8, 2021 8:03 AM in response to Scott-he-him

I found something that's really strange with Apple Installment payments and my credit limit recently. I have a $4000 limit on my Apple card and I was able to purchase an iPhone and MacBook Pro on the installment plans (separate orders). The monthly charges are well below the $4K limit but I can't purchase anything new using the Apple Card because my total Installment purchase is $4600 yet I was approved for the iPhone and MBP. I can't use the card until I pay off below my limit. So it looks like when you purchase something, they look at the monthly installment not the total price. BUT... once you purchase it, then you are over limit until you pay up below your limit. So you may be able to purchase your MB but just can't use the card afterwards.

checkout with Apple Card monthly installments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.