You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 7, iOS 14.8. Why am I unable to see "Mobile Data" in my Settings menu?

I have an iPhone 7, iOS 14.8. Why am I unable to see "Mobile Data" in my Settings menu? Is there a work-around?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2021 1:28 PM

Do you see Settings ➔ Cellular ? If Yes, then Cellular is the same as Mobile Data. Mobile Data is labeled as Cellular in certain regions of the world (For example, US and Canada).

If you do not see Cellular as well, then I have to ask whether your iPhone was issued by your employer or your school or another organization? If Yes, then that issuing institution has installed a profile limiting you to not be able to manipulate Mobile Data / Cellular category. You can find out more about that by contacting the institution that issued the iPhone.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2021 1:28 PM in response to johnboor

Do you see Settings ➔ Cellular ? If Yes, then Cellular is the same as Mobile Data. Mobile Data is labeled as Cellular in certain regions of the world (For example, US and Canada).

If you do not see Cellular as well, then I have to ask whether your iPhone was issued by your employer or your school or another organization? If Yes, then that issuing institution has installed a profile limiting you to not be able to manipulate Mobile Data / Cellular category. You can find out more about that by contacting the institution that issued the iPhone.

Axel F.

Nov 3, 2021 3:25 PM in response to johnboor

If the iPhone has been purchased by you and not issued by any other entity, then you should see the Cellular/Mobile Data option. You should see it by opening Settings ➔ Cellular. Do you see the Cellular option there?

I am not sure whether the Carrier has any control over this setting being visible or not. Verizon, like all other carriers, issue a Carrier Settings update and that is mostly done along with the iOS version update from Apple. You can contact Verizon and ask them to push the Carrier Settings update to your iPhone because you are not seeing the Cellular option. See whether that helps.

Axel F.

I have an iPhone 7, iOS 14.8. Why am I unable to see "Mobile Data" in my Settings menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.