You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upgrade from Mojave to Big Sur

Hi

I have tried all the workarounds posted on here that I could find, including terminal commands, and also followed the instructions on how to upgrade to Big Sur via the Mac App Store, but I am still unable to download Big Sur, getting the "Update not found" error message.

My machine is a 2017 Retina 5k 27" iMac, so is eligible for the upgrade, and has over 700 gig of free space. I have checked for and removed any 32-bit apps, restarted about a few times and cleared the nvram/pram.

There is a message in the Software Update tab in Settings asking me to upgrade to Monterey, but this is my work Mac and they don't want us upgrading to that yet. I cannot remove it and even though I have "Check for updates" unchecked it popped up and Software Update still checks for updates. Perhaps this is why I have an issue?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:58 AM

Upgrade to Catalina first.

(207587)

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot upgrade from Mojave to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.