You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The folder “com.apple.aned” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

I have been plaqued by this issue for at least a year now and I found the solution. I first searched the archives and found several users that state to boot to recovery mode and delete the file. This would work if the file was a local file but the problem I had was the Caches folder was in the iCloud .Trashes folder so under recovery mode it is not available.

Instead I was able to open Terminal

Ran sudo su then entered the password

Then CD to the ~Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/ folder

I found the .Trashes but it would not let it be deleted, so instead I moved/renamed it using the mv command

Then I rebooted and emptied the trash

That fixed it for me!

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 4:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 4:41 PM

1. Step: Open Terminal under Applications
  2. Step: sudo su -
  3. Step: Enter password
  4. Step: cd ~Library/Mobile\ Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/ folder
  5. Step: mv .Trashes .OldTrashes
  6. Step: Reboot

Similar questions

1 reply

The folder “com.apple.aned” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.