You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has my Apple ID been hacked?

yes I have received a text on my phone about a code to verify my apple account or something about a code and several different calls but I have not contacted apple so I’m very confused has my account been hacked

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 6:57 PM

If you have two-factor authentication enabled and are receiving two-factor notifications—while not doing something that might trigger those—then it would seem prudent to change your Apple ID password to a new and robust snd unique password.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you have re-used your password(s), please discontinue that practice, and reset all your passwords ro new and robust and unique values.

If younhave two-factor enabled and have not been performing activities that would prompt for verification codes, then it would seem your password might be known, but—if you have two-factor authentication enabled—that second factor has not been breached.

Scam messages and phishing messages are unfortunately also commonplace:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2021 6:57 PM in response to Courtneyessary

If you have two-factor authentication enabled and are receiving two-factor notifications—while not doing something that might trigger those—then it would seem prudent to change your Apple ID password to a new and robust snd unique password.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you have re-used your password(s), please discontinue that practice, and reset all your passwords ro new and robust and unique values.

If younhave two-factor enabled and have not been performing activities that would prompt for verification codes, then it would seem your password might be known, but—if you have two-factor authentication enabled—that second factor has not been breached.

Scam messages and phishing messages are unfortunately also commonplace:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Nov 5, 2021 7:00 PM in response to Courtneyessary

Courtneyessary Said:

"Has my Apple ID been hacked?: yes I have received a text on my phone about a code to verify my apple account or something about a code and several different calls but I have not contacted apple so I’m very confused has my account been hacked"

-------

Three Things:

A. Modify your Credentials:

Having so much suspicion, consider modifying your credentials, ASAP, starting with a new password.

B. Verify the Devices:

Verify that the devices assigned to your iCloud are your devices: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

C. Report these to Apple:

What you are reporting may be a scam. So, report it to Apple and modify your credentials.

Do as instructed here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams - User Tips

Has my Apple ID been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.