You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect via bluetooth my I phone 6S and Mac.

Just did an upgrade to Monterey on the Mac and 14.8.1on the iPhone 6s. Now I can not connect the bluetooth with the phone. I can see the phone on bluetooth preferances, but when I try to connect them it connects for a second or two and then goes bak to not connected. If I try to connect via the phone it tells me that the iMac is not supported. What the **** do I do now?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 4:20 PM

iPhones cannot pair with Macs over bluetooth. Never have been able to do this.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with the pairing?

All features that require Bluetooth between a Mac and an iPhone do not require they be paired.

3 replies

Nov 7, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Rudegar

I was able to connect (Bluetooth) my iPhone with the iMac before. Still can't get it to work since I updated to Monterey . I've been trying to figure out why. But it seams that the I phone is running the latest update 14.8.1 and the iMac is trying to connect to it but it thinks the firmware is 14.8.0. have tried restarting both and "forgetting, or deleting the Iphone in bluetooth settings, then re-connecting. still no good. I loved having the bluetooth connection for syncing e-mail, music, pictures,calender etc.. I can connect to iTunes and see my music there, have not tried to add any new songs yet. that's my next step.

any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

can't connect via bluetooth my I phone 6S and Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.