You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps

Does anyone know how to turn off the alerts about speed cameras in the Apple Maps? I don’t mind seeing the icon on the screen but it’s getting very annoying to have the voice announcements cut into my music…

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:50 PM

I found the solution!! I went into maps on my phone, chose a destination and started the route, then noticed the speaker icon with a warning icon next to it. Changed it to nothing!! Whooo

6 replies

Nov 6, 2021 11:16 PM in response to Mellie13

Mellie13 Said:

"Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps: Does anyone know how to turn off the alerts about speed cameras in the Apple Maps? I don’t mind seeing the icon on the screen but it’s getting very annoying to have the voice announcements cut into my music…"

-------

Try the following...

Reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and organize apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout

Nov 6, 2021 10:57 PM in response to Mellie13

I do not see a single article related to Speed Cameras in Apple Article given below. Have you installed any third-party Speed Camera App? If you are experiencing any difficulty with third-party apps then please contact the app developer directly --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Apple Articles on Apple Maps

I am from India and I do not see anything on Apple Maps. I would rather go within the speed limits indicated in the road signs than follow the speed cameras.

Voice Alerts about Speed cameras on Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.