You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change the user's identity on AirPods

Given AirPods to my sister, want to change identity to her name

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2021 8:48 PM

On your iPhone tap on:

Settings > Bluetooth > [the circled i next to AirPods name] > Forget This Device

Then (to be sure they are removed from your account), with a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your AirPods. Finally click "X" next to remove your AirPods. (If they don't appear, that's OK - just skip this step.)

Now your sister should be able to setup the AirPods with her Apple ID account.

Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2021 8:48 PM in response to jsm59

On your iPhone tap on:

Settings > Bluetooth > [the circled i next to AirPods name] > Forget This Device

Then (to be sure they are removed from your account), with a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your AirPods. Finally click "X" next to remove your AirPods. (If they don't appear, that's OK - just skip this step.)

Now your sister should be able to setup the AirPods with her Apple ID account.

Connect your AirPods and AirPods Pro to your iPhone - Apple Support

change the user's identity on AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.