You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

💡 Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods 3 case battery drain

My AirPods 3 case is losing battery when left for a period. I charged it to 100% yesterday and then used the pair of AirPods. When I returned the pair of AirPods to the case, they had 92% left each. I slept and woke up the next day and the charging case had only 72% left. Is this normal? I had AirPods Gen 1 before this and the battery never drained in the same pace.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 6:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2021 7:39 PM

Yeah me too. I though it was my imagination. The case would loose like 50% in 2 days! And I might had used the airpods maybe 3 hours or so.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 17, 2021 10:43 AM in response to DaniDaryaweesh

I'd had the same issue, it's not entirely uncommon. The fix (apparently) is to reset the AirPods and reconnect them.

1. Open the lid of the AirPods case while near your iPhone. The popup screen will show your AirPods and battery level as usual.
  2. With the lid still open, hold down the case button on the AirPods for 15 seconds until the light turns amber and then flashes white.
  3. Close the lid of the AirPods.
  4. Re-open lid and the new AirPods setup screen will appear on your iPhone.
  5. Go through the setup steps.
  6. Done.

I've just tried this, and so I can't be 100% sure it will help. I'll post back here with results in a day or two.

Dec 21, 2021 10:13 AM in response to Bradley Price1

Update on my previous post:

The fix I mentioned above is part of what worked for me, but not all by itself. Here's what seems to have worked:

1. Connect the AirPods you wish to fix to your Apple device
  2. Go to Bluetooth settings, selected the AirPods, and choose "Forget this Device"

Now perform the steps outlined earlier, using the reset button on the AirPods. Wait a couple of minutes to allow the AirPods to be deleted from your iCloud account. Now reconnect your AirPods as if they were new.

So far, I'm seeing very little case drain. It has maintained 100% charge for over 24 hours.

AirPods 3 case battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.