You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no option to delete app when I follow these instructions

I followed delete app instructions and there is no option to actually do anything other than add/remove to/from Home Screen

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2021 4:42 PM

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 9, 2021 4:42 PM in response to BlazeW

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Nov 9, 2021 4:58 PM in response to BlazeW

BlazeW Said:

"There is no option to delete app when I follow these instructions: I followed delete app instructions and there is no option to actually do anything other than add/remove to/from Home Screen"

-------

Contact the Developer:

Ask the Developer if there is any other method of removal. Deleting it from the Home Screen is typically all that is needed. You'll find the Deveoper's contact information in the app's site of the App Store.

Once Deleted...

Try Resetting the Home Screen Layout:

If it will no go away, then reset the Home Screen Layout, and see if it all shows as it should.

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. See if shows as it should

Nov 9, 2021 6:09 PM in response to TheLittles

If Deleting Apps is disabled in Screen Time, as it commonly is as it is a default, there is no other way to delete an app. Contacting the developer is useless, as developers have no control over their app placement or removal, as is resetting Home Screen layout, which is generally a very bad thing to do as it completely destroys carefully arranged Home Screen apps and folders, which can require hours of infuriating work to fix. And it still won’t allow the app to be removed.

There is no option to delete app when I follow these instructions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.