You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disk utility repair

I have a 2019 macbook air that has been completely wiped is it possible to reinstall everything including the disk utility?

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 8:48 PM

Hi Dogday662__-,

Yes, it is possible to reinstall everything.

1. Start up from macOS Recovery: Hold down Command-R as you power on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when the Apple logo and a progress bar appear. If you see a spinning globe instead, macOS Recovery is missing, and your Intel-based Mac is downloading it from the Internet.
  2. When the list of utilities appears, make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi, then select Install macOS and click Continue.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall macOS.
  4. If you don't see any destination disks in the macOS installer, please let me know.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2021 8:48 PM in response to Dogday662__-

Hi Dogday662__-,

Yes, it is possible to reinstall everything.

1. Start up from macOS Recovery: Hold down Command-R as you power on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when the Apple logo and a progress bar appear. If you see a spinning globe instead, macOS Recovery is missing, and your Intel-based Mac is downloading it from the Internet.
  2. When the list of utilities appears, make sure that you're connected to Wi-Fi, then select Install macOS and click Continue.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall macOS.
  4. If you don't see any destination disks in the macOS installer, please let me know.

disk utility repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.