You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Certain Buttons / Tabs dont work on ipad/safari

My father has an older iPad and wants me to set it up exactly the way he has been using it for the last 5 years. One of the main problems is that a lot of buttons and tabs on safari don't work. For example when you search for EPL, there's a "See more" button that he can't click on. As well as the "Matches, News, Standings, Stats, Players" tabs on top of the screen. I factory reset the iPad but that didn't do anything. I have also downloaded older versions of chrome and other browsers since the newest ones are not compatible with this iPad and the same buttons don't work on those browsers either, so its definitely not a safari problem. Please help!!!

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 6:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 9:54 AM

So you do have an iPad2. This iPad is obsolete. The OS and associated Safari (and other) web browsers are unlikely to be able to properly render many modern websites.

Other than replacement of the iPad2 with a much more recent iPad, you’ll not be able to resolve your problem.

7 replies

Nov 10, 2021 7:12 AM in response to pappous192

It is increasingly unclear what you are attempting to achieve. As now understood, your father has an iPad2 (now long obsolete) with saved website links that are now broken and don’t work.

You have another iPad that can access the links that are inaccessible using the old iPad - and you are attempting to replicate the old iPad. If the new iPad works - where the old iPad doesn’t - what precisely is the issue?

iPad2 (?) can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models).

Apple ended update support for iPad2 ceased in September 2016. An iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 cannot be updated to iOS 10 or later major versions of iOS, as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS. This limitation cannot be bypassed; these are 32-bit architecture devices, whilst all recent versions of iOS/iPadOS are designed for 64-bit hardware platforms. iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 are all obsolete.

Without benefit of technical update, the embedded browser will be unable to access many elements of modern websites - notwithstanding issues with unpatched security vulnerabilities.

Certain Buttons / Tabs dont work on ipad/safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.