You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install WhatsApp after upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro

I got my new iPhone 13 Pro last month. After setting it up from my old iphone xs max, I tried to launch WhatsApp (I had this installed and used it for years on my iphone XS max) on the iphone 13 pro. When I tapped the icon, nothing happened and it wouldn't launch. I decided to try to delete and reinstall the icon. Now when I try to download WhatsApp from the app store, nothing happens. I tap the "GET" button and nothing happens at all. No idea how to fix.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 8:41 AM

Hey there, neophilenyc!

From your post, it sounds like you are having issues with reinstalling WhatsApp onto your newer iPhone 13 Pro. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

What version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your iPhone 13 Pro? You can find this in Settings > General > About.

If you have not tried already, please Restart your iPhone. Does this help to resolve the issue? Can you install the app after a restart? Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Are you able to install apps other than WhatsApp? If so, this does isolate the problem to WhatsApp.

If you have tried the steps and are still running into an issue installing WhatsApp, you'll want to reach out to their support team directly.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2021 8:41 AM in response to neophilenyc

Hey there, neophilenyc!

From your post, it sounds like you are having issues with reinstalling WhatsApp onto your newer iPhone 13 Pro. We’re glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help you find the answers you need.

What version of the iOS software do you currently have installed on your iPhone 13 Pro? You can find this in Settings > General > About.

If you have not tried already, please Restart your iPhone. Does this help to resolve the issue? Can you install the app after a restart? Often this simple step will refresh the apps and software on the device to solve numerous problems you may encounter.

Are you able to install apps other than WhatsApp? If so, this does isolate the problem to WhatsApp.

If you have tried the steps and are still running into an issue installing WhatsApp, you'll want to reach out to their support team directly.

Cheers!

Can't install WhatsApp after upgrading to iPhone 13 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.