You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone restore - Missing Whatsapp messages as no icloud backup.

Today in the Apple store my phone was wiped (to a laptop) and backed up from iCloud, to fix a software issue.

Whatsapp shows as being part of the iCloud back up, although when checking in WhatsApp it seems there hasn’t been an iCloud back up since Feb 2020.

is there any possible way I can retrieve my latest WhatsApp chats without an iCloud back up?? 🙏🏼🙏🏼

my recent groups are showing - just not the messages within them!

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 8:48 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2021 10:29 AM in response to EmG8

EmG8 wrote:

Today in the Apple store my phone was wiped (to a laptop) and backed up from iCloud, to fix a software issue.
Whatsapp shows as being part of the iCloud back up, although when checking in WhatsApp it seems there hasn’t been an iCloud back up since Feb 2020.

is there any possible way I can retrieve my latest WhatsApp chats without an iCloud back up?? 🙏🏼🙏🏼

my recent groups are showing - just not the messages within them!

Ask whatsapp or look at their support site, they have their own backup.

iPhone restore - Missing Whatsapp messages as no icloud backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.