You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and Tattoos

If I try and record a workout on a bike or walk apple fitness app pauses because I have tattoos on my wrist. If I go on a walk with or a bike ride and don’t record Apple Watch asks me if I want to record a workout. I don’t understand the logic of how this happens, the Watch knows I’m doing an activity but pauses when I want to but will record on its own when I’m not asking it too. Will apple fix this problem it’s annoying to do workouts on apple plus fitness and have it pause while my heart rate is up. Please fix this apple, as I believe it’s more of a software problem rather that hardware. Why can’t the Watch be programmed to stay on a workout with out being paused. I have read all the other discussions in this problem and suggestions like wearing the Watch tighter of locking the Watch but none of this works.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2021 2:56 PM

From Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support:

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern, and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2021 2:56 PM in response to Squivel8

From Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support:

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern, and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

Apple Watch and Tattoos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.