You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passwords

I just got a new iphone and the guy at the Apple store set it up but none of my sored passwords are in the new phone all my apps and emails ask for the password to open!! Why?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 12:15 PM

if you were using iCloud Keychain, you may need to go into Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Keychain and turn the switch on.

Many apps will recognize that the device has changed and require you to sign in again using your password before Touch/Face ID are enabled again.

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 14, 2021 12:15 PM in response to Ramiroh

if you were using iCloud Keychain, you may need to go into Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Keychain and turn the switch on.

Many apps will recognize that the device has changed and require you to sign in again using your password before Touch/Face ID are enabled again.

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Nov 14, 2021 12:23 PM in response to Ramiroh

Is this a gmail account or something?

If iCloud Keychain is asking you for credentials, then you would enter your Apple ID and your Apple ID password.

In this example, if your gmail address is your Apple ID, it would have a different password than if you were to sign into google (unless, of course, you set them up to be the same).

Nov 14, 2021 12:30 PM in response to Chris0107

OK, I jst did that and then it asked for the 6 digit code for the new phone and then for the old phone. Keeps tellin me the code for the old phone is wrong. It's not! And when I choose forgot code to old phone, it says that it will change encrypted data and may delete all saved passwords and payment information - Very frustrating!!

passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.