You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded files from Apple Music

Edit: I've fixed it, see solution and original question below.

Solution: I had taken a backup of my entire computer before reloading, I was able to copy the library file back over to my computer, then hold option, click on music, click choose library, and chose the original library file. All is well.

Original question:

I have quite the offline collection that I downloaded from Apple Music through my subscription. The intent is that, I'm generally on low speed internet connections and I want to be able to listen to music without having to stream it all. I recently had to reload my laptop and I have all of these downloaded files, but Music is showing them as back to streaming. Any way to re-link these files up to Music so that it plays the local version and not the stream?

Same iCloud user, same subscription, **** even same laptop, just fresh install.

I've tried the obvious of both CMD+O and drag/drop into Music to no avail.

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 9:31 AM

--- Moved comment to original question.

Similar questions

1 reply

Downloaded files from Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.