You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Files

My objective is to download PDF files to an exfat formatted flash drive from my iPad. I will need a lightning to USB adapter. When I look at the Internet, all I see at Apple stores is 1) Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and 2) Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. Questions are:

1. Is Lightning to USB Adapter one and the same as Lightning to USB Camera Adapter? If yes will it accomplish my objective as cited above?
  2. Is USB 3 one and and the same as USB-C?

Thank you in advance.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 10:27 AM

1.      Lightning to USB Adapter and Lightning to USB Camera Adapter are one and the same, per Apple Phone Support.

2.      USB 3 is a standard for USB devices, it is normally a port in laptops and dictates how fast you can transfer data over a USB cable, compared to older standards, e.g., USB 2. USB-C refers to a type of physical connection on modern devices, e.g., USB cable of iPhone 12 Pro as opposed to the old cable now known as USB-A cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 30, 2021 10:27 AM in response to Mariansapple

1.      Lightning to USB Adapter and Lightning to USB Camera Adapter are one and the same, per Apple Phone Support.

2.      USB 3 is a standard for USB devices, it is normally a port in laptops and dictates how fast you can transfer data over a USB cable, compared to older standards, e.g., USB 2. USB-C refers to a type of physical connection on modern devices, e.g., USB cable of iPhone 12 Pro as opposed to the old cable now known as USB-A cable.

PDF Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.