You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my battery is no good and I can't back up my phone. Any ideas how I can backup??

My battery keeps restarting my iPhone every 2 minutes therefore I can't backup my phone. Any other options are there to get a current backup?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2021 5:54 PM

If you suspect that the battery is causing your iPhone to reset that often, it could indicate a faulty battery. I'm assuming that it still does this when you connect this phone to its power adapter ... correct? Also, I'm assuming that you tried "force" restarting the phone and resulted with the same. If all of this is true, you basically only have the option to have the phone looked at either by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Attempting a backup, until you do, may prove fruitless. Hopefully, you have been doing them all along before this issue arose.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 15, 2021 5:54 PM in response to Swimgirl1216

If you suspect that the battery is causing your iPhone to reset that often, it could indicate a faulty battery. I'm assuming that it still does this when you connect this phone to its power adapter ... correct? Also, I'm assuming that you tried "force" restarting the phone and resulted with the same. If all of this is true, you basically only have the option to have the phone looked at either by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Attempting a backup, until you do, may prove fruitless. Hopefully, you have been doing them all along before this issue arose.

my battery is no good and I can't back up my phone. Any ideas how I can backup??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.