You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I export my movie from iMovie, the video is super small with a large white border

Why is the video so small once it's exported from iMovie?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 8:01 AM

I suspect that you might have imported a thumbnail into iMovie rather than the full sized file. As Ian says, check out the properties, including file size, of one of the clips.

Do a test by creating a new project and importing a full sized file into it, and then exporting the project to your desktop. When you play the exported video is it full size?

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 18, 2021 8:01 AM in response to Gina225

I suspect that you might have imported a thumbnail into iMovie rather than the full sized file. As Ian says, check out the properties, including file size, of one of the clips.

Do a test by creating a new project and importing a full sized file into it, and then exporting the project to your desktop. When you play the exported video is it full size?

-- Rich

when I export my movie from iMovie, the video is super small with a large white border

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.