You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud

The following message I receive each time when I try to get to my icloud. "icloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server"... I have access to internet and have access to my apple ID

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 12:57 PM

"Lipochka Said:

"iCloud: Thanks but none of the above suggestions worked.... Still have the problem that nobody from Apple or Comcast can resolve."

-------

You are welcome.

Whatelse to Try:

• Single-Out this Computer:

See if you get this issue, when you perform the same on a different computer.

• Single-Out this User:

See what happens when you create another administrator.

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, Login Items do wont open at login; certain System Preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are intentionally fixed.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2021 12:57 PM in response to Lipochka

"Lipochka Said:

"iCloud: Thanks but none of the above suggestions worked.... Still have the problem that nobody from Apple or Comcast can resolve."

-------

You are welcome.

Whatelse to Try:

• Single-Out this Computer:

See if you get this issue, when you perform the same on a different computer.

• Single-Out this User:

See what happens when you create another administrator.

• Boot in Safe Mode:

[Hold Down the shift key upon boot]. In Safe Mode, Login Items do wont open at login; certain System Preferences are set aside; and damaged system files (i.e. caches) are intentionally fixed.

Nov 19, 2021 3:20 PM in response to Lipochka

"Lipochka Said:

"iCloud: Thanks a lot, reboot in the safe mode resolved the issue!"

-------

You are welcome! Proud to have solved this.

Inform Apple of this:

Provide Apple feedback on this, and let them know that this occurred.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iCloud - Apple
  2. Select: "Account" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on when you came across the issue, and how you have troubleshot it thus far. Include the link to this post.
  4. Proceed form there as necessary

Nov 18, 2021 5:43 PM in response to Lipochka

Lipochka Said:

"icloud: The following message I receive each time when I try to get to my icloud. "icloud encountered an error while trying to connect to the server"... I have access to internet and have access to my apple ID"

-------

Using Cellular?

Try using WiFi, rather than cellular.

Using WiFi?

Restart the router. Try another network.

icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.