You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closed tabs keep reappearing on safari desktop through the icloud

Hello,

I have updated all my devices (laptop, phone, ipad) to their latest versions. I found that when I open Safari on desktop, however, a select number of tabs keep reappearing coming from my phone. I have closed these tabs on my phone and through desktop Safari multiple times on different days. I have cleared my history. I have unselected Safari on all my iCloud devices, restarted them all, and then selecting Safari again and they're STILL there on Safari desktop.

Is there any way to clear these tabs on the desktop?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 8:55 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 21, 2021 9:41 AM in response to carmelles

Hi there carmelles,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're seeing tabs from your iPhone in Safari on your Mac, and you're asking how to turn that feature off. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

To begin, it sounds like you're using iCloud Tabs on your devices. "iCloud keeps the tabs you have open in Safari up to date on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. That means you can go from one device to the next and pick up browsing wherever you left off." Have a look at this support article to learn how to turn off iCloud tabs on your Mac and iPad:

Set up and use iCloud Tabs

Next, the links below provide details about clearing your browsing history on both devices:

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, you could use Private Browsing. "When you use Private Browsing windows, the details of your browsing aren’t saved, and the websites you visit aren’t shared with your other devices." These resources provide more information about how Private Browsing in Safari works:

Use Private Browsing in Safari on Mac

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPad

We hope this information is helpful. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

Closed tabs keep reappearing on safari desktop through the icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.