You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased a stolen iphone from a sketchy dude, i tracked how far the update was on the phone and it was back from 2018

So I have purchased a stolen iphone from a sketchy dude, i tracked how far the update was on the phone and it was back from 2018. The dude i purchased it from was from craigslist i hope i did not get scammed for this...

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:14 AM

There is no way out of it if the phone is activation locked. The phone will never be usable→The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

5 replies

Nov 21, 2021 8:20 AM in response to triqle273

Never buy a secondhand Apple product unless the seller is willing to sit down and let you watch them remove that specific product from their Apple ID. When I sell an Apple device I always have the buyer sit down with me and show them while I remove it from my account, this prevents them from coming back later and trying to get their money back claiming the device is activation locked. This actually protects both buyer and seller.

Purchased a stolen iphone from a sketchy dude, i tracked how far the update was on the phone and it was back from 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.