You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new Macbook Pro was stolen, how do I restore icloud to new device?

Hello

My new 2020 Macbook Pro was just stolen. I have an old 2010 Macbook Pro that I am using in the meantime until I can buy a new Macbook. I am trying to restore my files from iCloud that were on my stolen computer. I can see on my iPhone that these files are saved on iCloud and I can access them there on my iPhone. I am signed into my iCloud on my 2010 Macbook, but I don't know if there is a way to "restore" this old computer to what was on my 2020 Macbook? And, when I get my new new Macbook, how do I restore that Macbook to what was on my 2020 Macbook? TIA!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:51 PM

You should be able to get your iCloud Photos, Contacts, Calendar, iCloud mail onto your new computer, once you have signed into iCloud the computer with the same AppleID you are using on the iPhone for iCloud and enable iCloud for each app.

Alternately, use Safari to access your items in iCloud from any computer. Open the web page www.icloud.com . You can see the data from all applications that have save content in iCloud. This web page explains how to download item from iCloud to a computer for the different apps that are storing documents and data there: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2021 8:51 PM in response to ashli44

You should be able to get your iCloud Photos, Contacts, Calendar, iCloud mail onto your new computer, once you have signed into iCloud the computer with the same AppleID you are using on the iPhone for iCloud and enable iCloud for each app.

Alternately, use Safari to access your items in iCloud from any computer. Open the web page www.icloud.com . You can see the data from all applications that have save content in iCloud. This web page explains how to download item from iCloud to a computer for the different apps that are storing documents and data there: Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

My new Macbook Pro was stolen, how do I restore icloud to new device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.